As a C++ Software Developer for a leading financial sector software provider you will be one of a very strong, close-knit team developing world class Real Time Financial Market Dealing and Real Time Financial Data feed software used by leading international financial institutions.
Responsibilities for this exciting role include C++ coding, writing requirements and designs, designing and conducting manual and automated tests, peer reviews and the opportunity to contribute to continuous improvements in technologies and methodologies used by the team.
This is a great opportunity for you if you are passionate, positive and proficient in C++, are able to write solid, well designed, efficient code, have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and would relish a role working collaboratively in a highly technical team on world class products.
This role is ideal for you if you are adaptable, innovative, keen to develop your skills and willing to learn and use new technologies.
- Proficient in C++ and able to write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Willingness to be involved in other technologies
- Good understanding of memory management
- SQL queries (Mainly MS SQL server)
- Designing and conducting automated and manual tests in a test-driven environment
- Writing and peer reviewing specifications, designs, code and test plans
- Contributing to improvement in technologies, methodologies and tools
- A willingness to learn other technologies and be involved in the development and maintenance of existing and new packages written in VB.Net, C#, Java, SWING, JQuery, HTML and XML is desirable.
- Supporting users by developing documentation
- Strong problem solving, debugging and investigative skills
- A team player who is effective in working both independently and collaboratively
- Good Degree in Computing or any Science subject, postgraduates particularly welcome
- You must have the ability to live and work freely in the UK
We are a very capable, friendly, flexible company with a strong reputation. We have highly qualified and respected business and technical staff who we value highly. We are keen to maintain our high staff retention rate and we offer a range of benefits in addition to a competitive salary.
- Free Gym Membership
- Active Social Club with Regular Subsidised Social Events
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loans
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Subsidised Eye Tests and Glasses
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Leave
- Free Life and Health/Disability Cover
- Company Matched Charity Donations
If you live closer to Essex than Central London, there is also the option to work from their office in the Uttlesford District of Essex