Primary Location: United Kingdom-London-The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
ButcherEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Head Butcher, you will manage the meat, fish and poultry needs of our restaurants and staff cafeteria, ensuring a superior product for guests and Colleagues alike.
Hotel Overview: The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, is one of the world's most iconic hotels. A renowned leader in the hospitality industry, The Savoy has a reputation for outstanding service and excellence. Originally built in 1889, the hotel has a rich history and has played host to royalty, world leaders and legends of the stage and screen. Today, colleagues pride themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in five star luxury. Passionate about developing and promoting talent, The Savoy offers unwavering support and recognition to colleagues, as well as having a very competitive benefits plan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure all standards are followed
- Complete daily meat, fish & poultry market lists based on hotel volume
- Control costs by utilizing leftover meat, fish & poultry items in staff cafeteria & buffets
- Ensure daily rotation of all butchery items from the outlets to maintain quality
- Liaise with the Purchaser to communicate quality for money ratio
- Maintain consistency for all items leaving the Butcher Shop
- Keep inventory of red meats to ensure proper aging of meats
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Culinary field (Butcher) preffered
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent preferred
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in the UK. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining UK work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!