This post is for 30 hours per week and these hours can be structured to suit the right candidate. This post will run from approximately 1 June 2018 - 1 October 2018. After this date there is a possibility to stay in the role on reduced hours until February 2019.
Business Support Officer
Salary Grade: £16,500
To provide secretarial, administrative, clerical, and other business support functions for management and staff in Crannoch Residential Resources. This involves working individually and as a member of a team, using computer systems, communicating with young people and their families, as well as other agencies and staff members both verbally and in writing.
The duties involved in this role require the individual to work unsupervised. You will report to the Manager and Managing Director.
- Admin Procedures
- Financial Duties including bank transfers, online banking & bill pay
- Staffing Administration including elements of Human Resources Management
- Word Processing and Typing
- General Clerical Duties
- Telephone and Reception
- Using software MS Works Suite, Xero, etc
As well as these generic roles, you will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for the development and maintenance of comprehensive administration and management information systems and procedures designed to support the effective operation of the service.
- To manage all local personnel issues for all staff and ensure that effective electronic systems are in place and maintained to monitor annual leave, sickness, absence, disciplinarians and grievances.
- To produce spreadsheets and statistical reports as requested.
- To monitor and administer the petty cash and maintain related systems within the service.
Qualifications and Experience
You are an enthusiastic, highly committed person who welcomes challenges and has excellent communication skills. You will have a light finance background, proven track record of working in a busy office environment and have excellent administrative skills. As well as excellent IT skills and a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Applications, you also have the ability to work on your own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
A minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in Business, Administration or a related subject is suggested or relevant experience.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain PVG Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland. The Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme legally obliges the Company to check an applicant's PVG Scheme Membership before an applicant can be employed by the Company in regulated work. This may involve the applicant applying to become a PVG Scheme member for the first time.
Staff are expected to make every effort to improve their professional knowledge and expertise and participate in any training which may be made available.
You may be called upon to undertake other duties as required by the exigencies of the service
CRANNOCH RESIDENTIAL CHILD CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER