Business Support Manager
£28,000 to £30,000 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week
As the lead support to the Managing Director you will assist them in day-to-day activity where you will be required to research matters, write & produce briefs, letters & reports. You will be required to liaise direct with customers/clients on behalf of the MD and play a key role in the senior management team to improve the business operationally and financially by supporting the Managing Director to achieve the transport Services objectives by working more effectively.
- Proactive management and consolidation of MD e-mails consolidating, allocating and collating responses as necessary
- Research matters on behalf of the MD
- Produce and/or reports, letters and briefs for the MD .
- Tracking of required responses to activities and follow up to ensure detail collated and compliant
- Collating and distribute reporting requirements as required for business and MD.
- Collation and co-ordination of specific areas for MD including each area of responsibility PTS Operations, PTS Compliance, Fleet (Regional), CCPES (Operations and demobilisation), HR (Regional) Business Development (PTS and Prisoner Escorting)
- Support the development of specific projects aligned to the strategic plan within agreed budgets, timeframes and scope
- Monitoring, auditing and assurance of specific work packages arising from operational changes or incidents including the collation of evidence and information
- Attending meetings as required taking minutes, actions as required.
- Organise meetings for MD and others within the business as required
- Support the Managing Director in driving progress against plans
- Contribute to projects by conducting research and preparing updates and reports as necessary
- Day to day responsibility for co-ordinating content and preparation for weekly review meetings, ongoing projects, performance improvement plans, communication and engagement content
- Managing the MD diary
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, team members as required to support MD activity
- Work with professionalism, honesty and integrity maintaining confidentiality
- Treat people fairly, with respect, impartiality and consistency.
- Comply with organisation stands in relation to H&S, safeguarding, business ethics, data protection and values.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested.
- Previous demonstrable experience of working in a complex coordinator/business support role
- Previous experience of working in a multisite fast paced environment
- Experience of dealing with complex multiple tasks
- Demonstration of preparing plans, reports and delivering actions to deadlines
- Experience of strategic thinking
- Excellent communication, influence and engagement skills
- Maintain confidentiality, professionalism and integrity
- Work off own initiative within an autonomous environment and deliver results
- Flexibility in relation to working hours & locations
- Presentation of information and data
- IT proficient
- Experience of working with outsource organisation
- Knowledge of working with commercial contracts and interpretation
- Project management experience