Business Intelligence Analyst
About The Company
The SCISYS Group is a leading developer of IT services. We develop robust, real-world application solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefit.
SCISYS has delivered solutions and services in a range of markets including government, defence, marine, environment and space.
About The Role
We are currently looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Analyst to contribute to a range of exciting new and existing projects within our Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division.
You are likely to work across SCISYS sites and customer engagements throughout the UK.
You must be willing to undergo security clearances.
Working for SCISYS is always both challenging and rewarding. Our staff are enthusiastic, self-starters who thrive in a dynamic environment. At all stages of your career you will be responsible for the quality of your work. You should be able to work to deadlines, have good inter-personal skills and be flexible as regards moving from project to project; working on multiple projects simultaneously, and in assimilating new technologies.
Essential Skills -
* Experienced in Business Intelligence and information related implementation projects
* Technically resourceful with an array of skills in design, engineering, data management and IT to an advanced level
* An in depth understanding of ETL processes and tools (e.g. Kettle, Talend, DataStage, SSIS, etc)
* Excellent Knowledge of Data Reporting tools (Tableau, Penatho, Saiku, SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects, etc)
* Understanding of database technologies (Postgres, SQL-Server, RDS, ORACLE, MongoDB, etc)
* Experience of cloud architectures (AWS & Azure)
* Excellent knowledge of SQL
* Proven experience of the software development lifecycle
* Excellent communication skills. Able to provide advice in a digestible form to both the company and its customers.
* Ability to estimate costs and implementation timescales associated with potential solutions.
Desirable skills -
* Knowledge of XML and related technologies
* Experience of PL/SQL and/or T-SQL or
* Experience of development languages (e.g. Java, Pyton, Django, HTML)Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, mobile)
* An understanding of design and modelling techniques (e.g. UML)
* An understanding of various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DSDM)
* An understanding of software standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 20000:1)
* Experience of Quality Assurance and testing
Further information -
* Must be prepared and willing to work across SCISYS sites and on Customer sites
* Must be willing to work on defence projects
* Must be eligible to work in the UK
* Must either have SC clearance already or be able to obtain it immediately
To continue your application, please click 'Apply' below and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.