For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Promotes and sells the organization's products and services within an assigned geographic area, product range, or targeted customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets. Develops profitable business with new and existing customers. Oversees sales expansion, introduces new products/services to clients and organize visits to current and potential clients. Pursues sales leads; visits existing and new customers; assesses customer needs and suggests appropriate products and services. Responds to customer enquiries; negotiates prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and concludes sales orders to meet revenue targets. Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Work with both the specialist sales staff and management teams to increase market share of both in-house and outsourced revenue spend at assigned accounts.
- Generate account-specific sales strategies to sell all company products and services.
- Prepare and provide accurate account forecasts for assigned accounts/territories throughout the year to track achievements versus goals.
- Develop and qualify account leads through frequent customer contact and prospecting.
- Gather data on potential customers in the designated geographic region.
- Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company products and services.
- Communicate available products and services and inform customers of new products and services in a timely manner.
- Handle initial inquires and qualify all prospective opportunities. Identify the drug development business model at these accounts and effectively communicate the value proposition of the company’s products and services.
- Work collaboratively with the specialist sales staff to ensure that the customer has a cohesive and responsive team throughout the sales process
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive territory management plan to indicate target opportunities, potential new accounts, expansion of existing accounts and an analysis of competitor accounts.
- Gather data on marketing trends and competitive products and pricing.
- Complete all required sales documentation in a timely manner.
- Participate in sales meetings and trade shows as required.
- Share customer problems/concerns with all appropriate departments for quality resolution.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Minimum 5 years related sales experinece. Bachelor's degree.