Coventry – CV1
Salary £35 - 50k - depending on skills and experience
Come and join our fun and successful team where we can offer you development, technical discussions, plus some benefits:
- Competitive salary – depending on skills and experience
- Bupa after one year’s service
- Increased Sick Leave after 5 years service
- Generous company bonus.
- Company matched pension
- Modern offices close to City Centre
- Training and Development and annual Personal Development Reviews
- Company socials and charity events
Exasoft Plc is the leading provider of banking software within the UK. We have developed a calculation toolkit that can be applied to a wide range of financial services based products that include mortgages, investments and pensions. Our clients are some of the leading banking organisations throughout the UK. This prestigious and dynamic toolkit has been used by the Financial Ombudsman Service since 2001.
We hold the IIP accreditation, together with ISO 9001 and 27001. We have featured in the Fast Track 100, Fast 50 awards and have also won the Queens Award for innovation.
As a growing company we are looking for strong likable individuals who want a challenge within a progressive and professional company.
The main parts of this role are:
- Support production of project plans and the delivery of products that enable the realisation of business benefits, including defining the scope and limitations of an activity on the project
- Extract and collect the business requirements, using a range of business analysis techniques, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop requirements specifications according to agreed standards. Supporting and obtain sign off of business requirements from relevant SMEs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyse information, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Gain agreement from stakeholders of the best method of introducing recommendations to the business; communicate there benefits and help address any uncertainty and concerns. Produce written documentation to support recommendations and present to stakeholders when necessary.
- Positively contribute to design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate system designs and validate proposed solutions
- Evaluate information gathered and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs. Work with the client to identify required changes.
- Document the results of business analysis for example workflows, obtaining sign-off from clients on the agreed current and target processes or solutions.
- Document use cases or user stories, analysing requirements to agree priority with clients and stakeholders, including minimum overall specifications.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (e.g. developers, solution and technical architects) to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and functional/performance.
- Review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution to ensure traceability of decisions and related changes.
- Supports project managers to ensure risks and issues are identified and managed in a timely manner.
- Support the reporting of changes to time, cost or quality of project or programme deliverables and ensure that their agreed deadlines and expectations are met.
- As the need arises we expect everyone at Exasoft to adopt a flexible approach to get the job done.
Knowledge Skills and experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client's business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to understand, appreciate and adapt to different working styles and patterns to get the most out of the stakeholders and project contributors.
- Solid technical/IT understanding (role is business focused not IT focused).
- Strong time management and prioritisation of conflicting deadlines and expectations.
- 2-5 years of experience analysing business processes and/or designing and deploying solutions.
- 2-5 years of mortgage experience (within the last 10 years)
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle in both agile and waterfall models
- Proven experience of writing specifications for IT systems/requirements.
- Proven experience of interacting, working and communicating directly with stakeholders and end users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates team, project and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations and project updates.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Actively engages in project and team meetings.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Suggests areas for improvement in processes along with possible solutions.
- Willing and able to support peers and junior business analysts.
- Thinks creatively for solutions to issues and problems.
- Identifies and manages critical issues.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and further client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
The recruitment process
Our recruitment process is personally managed by our on site HR Manager who will contact you via email if you are successful.
Please note, all successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory credit, fraud and criminal records check as part of our recruitment process.
Please email your CV and covering letter saying why you are suitable for this role to our HR Manager.