Building Services Engineer - Renewable Energy
We are a one stop shop for sustainable technologies. We both supply and install the systems, including ground/air source heat pumps, under floor heating, bio-mass and solar PV/thermal.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking Building Services Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. The person will be based at Head Office in Potters Bar (Hertfordshire).
The right candidate will be working as part of a team with other Building Services Engineers, undertaking building services design for new installation and refurbishment projects. You will be working on a variety of projects, both domestic and commercial, in all aspects of renewable energy.
As a Building Services Engineer, you will be involved in developing project designs from conception through to completion.
The main duties are likely to be focused around:
- Designing and specifying renewable energy systems (including ground/air source heat pumps, solar thermal, solar PV).
- Producing drawings, schematics and installation documents for confirmed projects.
- Advising on the integration of renewable energy technologies with other building services.
Your overall responsibilities will encompass:
- Design of renewable energy systems, production of drawings and specifications
- Assist in the management of existing projects e.g. attending site meetings and planning installation programmes
- Undertaking site surveys and writing reports
- ONC/HNC/HND-degree or similar in Building Services Engineering
Other useful experiences/skills:
- Ability to perform SAP and SBEM assessments Experience in Mechanical Building Services Engineering design, preferably including renewable energy technologies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good organizational skills
- Capability of being a good team player who also has the ability to work under their own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good project management skills, specification and report writing
- Good understanding of current legislation e.g. Building Regulations and Code for Sustainable homes
Salary: £18,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.