Guests visit The Grove, Hertfordshire's spectacular 5 star hotel resort, for a real breath of fresh air. Central London quality - and benefits - without the hassle. From sheer indulgence to all sorts of outdoor activity across the 300-acre estate, our world-class, award-winning Sequoia Spa and Health Club soothes and stimulates, revitalises and inspires. To continue exceeding our guests' expectations, we need to rely on, and develop, every member of the team.
We are actively recruiting for a full time Bike Co-ordinator/mechanic to join our Resort Activities team starting in March 2018.
The role is to ensure the smooth operation of bike hire to our guests, and to maintain our fleet of bikes and activities equipment.
- To ensure all Guests and their belongings are treated with respect at all times and all guests are offered a friendly professional 5 star service.
- Responsible for performing all service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs in a timely manner
- Advises and assists customers with hire of bikes on a daily basis and ensures the correct paperwork is filled out prior to hire
- Ensures all bikes are pre and post checked when being hired
- Communicates with resort activities manager any repairs and/or warranty part needs and ensures inactive bikes are returned back to working order as quickly as possible
- Completes stocktake of all parts on a monthly basis
- Follow all operating standards as directed by the Resort Activities Manager, ensuring all Guest Needs are met to the required standard
- Feedback guest comments to manager so that they can deals with any concerns swiftly and in the appropriate manner
- Ensure proper care of equipment, keep storage area neat, clean, and all in safe working order
- To ensure all maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and faults are followed up to maintain the physical product
- To liaise with all key internal operating departments on the day to ensure smooth running of bikes
- To take appropriate action and co-operate with team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business/ staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department
- To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Food Hygiene Regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned by the resort activities manager
Previous bike mechanic experience and/or bike knowledge is a must
Ability to be autonomous, prioritise workday, multitask and be detail-oriented
Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to work both independently or in a team environment
Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction well
Acceptable appearance and demeanor
Ability to create an excellent customer and team experience
Good time management skills
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Previous experience in guest facing positions