An outstanding opportunity for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the Business & Client Services Team within an award-winning technical consultancy.
Informed Solutions creates economic and social value by helping to build a more inclusive, fair and safe society through the ethical use of technology and data, and investing in digital skills.
Our purpose is underlined by action and reflected in how we go about our work, the type of work that we choose to do, and through contributing to the sustainable social, environmental and economic development aims of the communities that we are part of. We commit to supporting local initiatives by donating, sponsoring, volunteering and championing priority areas that deliver significant, positive impact back to society, the environment and more widely to the local, regional and national economies where we operate
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the production of winning bids for global, high-profile and multi-million pound IT programmes, projects and framework agreements across the public and private sectors.
- Drafting high quality written material, obtaining technical briefings from consultants and converting these into focussed, clear and concise responses. Maintaining a library of bid material for future re-us and as a polished technical writer, you will also be able to support our communications team in developing technical articles, opinion pieces and blogs.
- The ‘end to end’ management of a wide range of Expressions of Interest (EOIs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs) – often managing numerous concurrent bid deadlines.
- Proactively scanning tender portals and incoming alerts to identify new business opportunities, and working with senior colleagues to agree bid/no bid decisions and define ‘win’ strategies.
- Assembling and managing bid teams – setting out plans for bid production, regularly reviewing progress, and ensuring good communications throughout the team.
- Engaging with specialist Alliance Partners who can help to differentiate our bid, and coordinating their input.
- Overseeing bid submission, ensuring that the release version is of exceptional quality.
- Managing bid follow-up, including commercial negotiations, presentations and client feedback.
- Maintaining “lessons learned” and implementing continual improvements to bid management processes.
- Working with Directors and other senior team members to help manage our partners and prospects, including attending industry and public sector working groups and supporting the coordination of events that showcase our expertise.
- Excellent business and persuasive writing skills, preferably with experience of writing about technical subject matter.
- Superior interpersonal, communications and team working skills.
- A positive, open personality and a “can do” attitude.
- Thoroughness and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm and confident, responding logically and decisively under pressure.
- Degree education (Masters, 1st class or 2:1), with significant, demonstrable professional / commercial experience, gained within B2B or professional services environment.