As a B.I. Developer, you are responsible for the strategic direction and ongoing development of the data warehouse. You will support a reporting services environment to enable the business to make informed business and trading decisions for competitive advantage. Accurate data is at the heart of all commercial operations, your skill as a B.I. developer will ensure all reporting & analytical services are developed in an innovative, reliable and secure way, to improve the performance of the business and ensure data is readily available 24/7.
You will maintain, develop and grow our reporting capabilities working closely with business stakeholders and IT Department to capture new requirements and continuously find opportunities to improve the reporting and analysis services we offer. As a Microsoft focused department, your SQL SSRS and SSAS skills will be of vital importance to the success of this role.
Business Intelligence Developer - Multi-Channel Retailer - Role Responsibility
- Develop and improve existing data warehouse using SSAS
- Develop new and maintain existing reports, using SSRS, striving to improve the data content, reliability and usability of all reports
- Liaise with third-parties to ensure reporting environments are readily available.
- Proactively manage and maintain security standards and controls.
- Carries our QC and testing tasks to support delivery of new functionality.
- Maintain the lifecycle and capacity management of all reporting technologies.
- Support the ongoing consolidation of reporting services.
- Ensure all data sources are secure and access is controlled, reviewed and auditable.
- Ensure all data and database platform solutions are highly available.
- Support ETL, application and middleware developers in their efforts to deliver data solutions, in an accurate, reliable manner.
- Provide third-line support & escalation for day-to-day operational issues.
- Proactively manage, monitor and maintain all reporting technologies
- Configure, maintain and get maximum value from proactive monitoring and analysis tools.
- Control and review authentication sources and security schemas.
- Work with third parties for new installations, upgrades, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and general advice and guidance as required, to ensure all delivered services meet business requirements.
- Work closely with colleagues in all IT disciplines to share knowledge, ensure consistency and improve service levels.
- Contribute to the use and maintenance of Development Environments and Source Control platforms.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation and information regarding business data and technical standards.
- Build strong relationships in the business to understand business objectives, specific reporting requirements and how the reports you develop & maintain add value to the business.
- Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 versions.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Strong experience using Visual Studio and facilitating source control software.
- Strong operational experience in performance management, troubleshooting and configuration.
- Experience of performance tuning and optimising T-SQL, Stored procedures and indexing.
- Experience of .NET development skills using VB or C#.
- Experience with mobile reporting, dashboards, KPIs, PowerBI and PowerPivot.
- Detailed technical knowledge of SQL technologies and processes for the maintenance and monitoring of databases and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of data warehouse querying languages, such as MDX or DAX
- Knowledge of technologies such as JIRA and Solarwinds an advantage.
- Able to train and educate others via documentation, on-the-job training, workshops and day-to-day working.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interest in Big Data, analytics, data architecture and modelling.
- Highly organised and structured in your work and technical delivery.
- Excellent communication skills; confident in your ability to describe highly technical detail in plain English to a non-technical audience.
- Able to understand business requirements and turn them into technical solutions and designs.
- Organised, logical, approach to your work.
- Able to produce meaningful management information that relates to business objectives and technical excellence.
- Able to provide consultation & guidance to technical & non-technical members of staff