Up to £32,000 per annum + benefits
Monday – Friday
This is an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join a well – established manufacturing company based in Telford. The company design and build their own equipment and the Automation Engineer will be responsible for seeing new projects through from start to finish.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the key responsibilities will include;
- To provide a comprehensive, companywide and efficient electrical diagnostic, repair and improvement service for plant, machinery, equipment and site services etc.
- To identify opportunities for improvement in quality, cost and/or delivery by the design, development and implementation of equipment.
- To raise approvals, justifications and capital approval for spare parts, refurbishment’s and services.
- To support activity in line with the TPM issued schedule and procedure.
- To contribute in meeting the company and department objectives in minimising equipment downtime.
- To demonstrate a can do approach to improving SMED, 5S, 5Tests, 5Wastes and Kaizen activity.
- To ensure when designing, developing, improving and/or implementing equipment that relevant procedures, critical checks and correct operations are facilitated at all times..
- Take on any reasonable request from the Engineering Manager or Assistant Engineering Manage.
To be considered for this position experience of PLC’s is essential. You will also have experience of working in a high volume manufacturing engineering environment and have good working knowledge of fault diagnostics on mechanical and electrical faults. This role would suit a multi skilled maintenance engineer looking for a new and exciting opportunity working for a market leader. To be considered for this position you will have qualifications; either ONC/HNC in mechanical, electrical and/or production engineering or City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in mechanical and/or electrical maintenance or an equivalent qualification.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.