REPL Group delivers technology and management solutions to transform customer experience, business operations, efficiency and performance and deliver innovative, powerful and affordable technology solutions. With offices in the UK and overseas, REPL works across retail, supply chain, manufacturing and beyond our focus ranges from workforce management, warehouse management and back office systems to in-store digital and mobile solutions.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for leading all automation programmes with the development teams. The ideal candidate should be able to setup and run a test automation suite and consult on other projects within the Digital team.
- Present REPL automation strategies to key stakeholders within Digital team.
- Ability to work alongside 3rd party automation experts.
- Establish and manage an automation strategy and approach, for all digital products.
- Ability to identify environment requirements for test automation.
- Manage and maintain automation projects with customers and 3rd party suppliers using Agile practices.
- Act as key point of contact for all automation activities across the Digital team.
- Create all aspects of automation quality control and assurance for the test deliverables.
- Driving automation best practice throughout Digital.
- Establish and maintain automation frameworks within our products.
- To keep up-to-date with the test automation industry by learning new tools and frameworks based on industry standards.
- Attend team meetings and participate in client discussions which may occur outside of working hours.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proven experience implementing different types of automation.
- Experience in web or mobile automation frameworks.
- Experience with API testing using automation.
- Familiar with functional and non-functional automation.
- Strong communication skills with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience of working with third party suppliers.
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with the full software development lifecycle.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Familiar with BDD, TDD, version control tools and CI/CD process.
- Good analytical and development skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Previous experience with ALM.
- Previous experience with various Point of Sale and Back-office systems.
- Automation scripting using Selenium Web Driver as a framework.
- Good working knowledge of all type of Operating Systems (Android, iOS, Windows).