Associate Director – Ipsos UU Qualitative
Ipsos MORI is one of the world’s largest market research companies with 2012 revenues of 1.798€ billion and offices in 86 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organisation, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide. Proudly, we are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by market researchers.
Ipsos UU’s UK Qualitative team is one of the leading teams in the UK market, offering UK and international research to blue chip clients from all sectors. We pride ourselves in offering sophisticated research from practitioners of the highest calibre, using the most up to date approaches and delivering with style and panache.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director. The ideal candidate will be able to design, manage and deliver complex projects with minimal supervision and will have increasing involvement in the management and development of clients, people and the team.
Main responsibilities & Deliverables of the role:
- Active involvement in account management with a focus on developing existing client relationships and new relationships through responding to Invitations to Tender
- Responsibility for what goes to the client (under supervision)
- Start to develop responsibility for at least one ‘business’/ client/ work area
- Develop specific knowledge of relevant markets and share it with others
- Manage projects so that they are delivered within budget
- Run client briefing meetings
- Gather and prepare costs, provide input on pricing decisions
- Design/ draft more complex pitches/ proposals & manage complex project plans
- Manage the writing/setting up of relatively complicated discussion guides
- Manage project management and contractor relationships effectively
- Main point of contact with clients on project and account related matters
- Lead group moderator/interviewer on projects & uses projective/other advanced techniques
- Manage gross margin and profitability targets on projects
- Create presentations/reports focused on insights and stories from data
- Make sound recommendations from data & deliver client presentations (with support)
- Provide project guidance, support and coaching to junior team members
- Manage resources/workloads on projects effectively
- Guide the setting of clear, motivational and measurable development objectives to people and regularly review performance against these
- Identify opportunities for, and contribute to making Ipsos MORI ‘more famous’, e.g. press releases, publications, client events, appearing at conferences, etc.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Prior qualitative research experience is essential
- Thorough knowledge and experience of principle ad hoc research techniques, including groups, in-depths, ethnography and online studies
- Experience with digital methodologies is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of the industry, including broad methodology and commercial understanding
- Solid project management and planning skills
- Able to communicate clearly both in their verbal and written work
- Proven presentation skills would be expected
- Client-facing experience would be essential
- Ability to act as key client liaison on projects, and responsible for responses to client requests
- A high level of attention to detail is vital
- Good team player
- Ability to coach more junior members of staff
- Some management experience would be beneficial
- Proficient in using all Microsoft Office applications
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
The Ipsos UU Qualitative researchers spend their time thinking about how other people feel, think and act. To do this well, you need to be engaged with the world, be a polymath, you need to be smart and you need to be a critical thinker - a great communicator, in person, in visuals and in writing.
Good qualitative researchers never switch off their radar. They are constantly evaluating the culture around them, whether it is the changing position of a premium brand in a cash-strapped market or a new piece of advertising that captures the zeitgeist. Ipsos UU epitomises this approach not just to business but to life. They think holistically and blend big picture thinking with a grasp of the detail.
Ipsos is on the side of the creative idea and of innovation. Ipsos find out how to help products and brands succeed. If they need to start from the drawing board, Ipsos provide that drawing board. If they need tweaks, Ipsos inform the development process.
Should you have the skills and experience required for this role please submit your CV and covering letter to the following email address: Vivian.Lo@Ipsos.com
Posting date: 12 July 2018
Closing date for applications: 10 August 2018