Assistant Supply Chain Manager / Procurement Manager – Construction
£45-50k + Car, Bonus & Benefits
Our client is looking for an experienced procurement, buying or supply chain professional within major construction.
- Improve service level agreements with Supply Chain members and internal departments.
- Participate in the implementation of strategic procedural and practical changes to increase productivity and performance.
- Comply with Procedures and policy on Procurement including participation in Audits (Internal/External)
- Tenders - play an active role in the preparation of Tender Lists at both Pre-Construction and Delivery
- Implementation of procedures and deployment mutually beneficial trading agreements
- Negotiation with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing assistance, where required and sanctioned, with the return of bids to meet deadlines.
- Participation in Category Management Teams
- Understand, implement and champion the Supply Chain policy, strategy and action list
- Provide leading edge support in the development of Supply Chain membership to an agreed programme, covering all identified trade/category groups
- Disseminate aims and objectives to Supply Chain membership through a programme of meetings, briefings, specific trading opportunities and other suitable means
- Manage the performance measurement of Supply Chain membership per the installed mechanisms, including KPIs
- Perpetually review, grade and re-grade Supply Chain membership according to performance results, ensuring appropriate internal distribution
- Significant experience of Procurement in the construction industry
- Degree level education (preferably Construction or Supply Chain related), or qualified by experience
- Ideally membership of professional body (MICPS) or working towards
- Knowledge of the forms of sub-contract for the building, civils and utilities sectors would be beneficial
- Proven experience of negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Computer literate (use of excel and word) and Multiple Purchasing systems
- Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communication and strong diplomacy skills
- Assertive, influencing, personable, tenacious, organised
Base salary of up to £50k for the ideal candidate plus a very competitive package