Up to £20,500 plus benefits
This is a fantastic time to join RPS. We are looking to recruit highly motivated and ambitious employees to work on a wide variety of high-profile projects. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we are able to offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Ecologist to assist with a range of fieldwork and reporting, including bird surveys, GCN, reptile, peat, bat and badger surveys, and to undertake other tasks as appropriate (e.g. BREEAM, desk studies, literature reviews etc.)
Ideally, you will have the following experience/attributes:-
· Experience of and competence in carrying out a range of ecological surveys e.g. birds, GCN, reptiles, bats, badgers;
· We are particularly keen to hear from individuals with aquatic survey skills (ideally electrofishing certification) or botanical survey capabilities (ideally to NVC level), particularly with expertise in upland habitats;
• At least 1 years’ experience in the consultancy field;
• Competency with standard MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
· Clean driving licence and current CSCS certification (though this could be provided for the right candidate);
• Ability to work independently and in remote areas;
· Willing to travel and stay away from home for short periods of time.
You will need to be educated to degree level in a relevant subject with, ideally, at least 1 years’ experience. Any survey licences or GIS experience would be beneficial.
In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package including 24 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance. You will also be eligible to participate in the Company Share Purchase Scheme. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and develop your career with one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
RPS is an Equal Opportunities employer.