Assistant Careers Adviser
£17,221 pay scale to £25,448 (pro rata)
29.6 hours per week (4 days)
Our client, C & K Careers is a forward-looking company which has successfully delivered high quality careers information, advice and guidance services to young people and adults for more than 20 years. We are a not for profit organisation that understands our customers and delivers on their needs. The success of the company has enabled us to expand and we are keen to acquire new talent to join our highly valued team of qualified and professional people.
A new opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Careers Adviser to join the Calderdale Participation team to deliver a front line careers information, advice and support service to young people, and some adults, from our Halifax Careers Centre.
The successful candidate will be required to:
· Provide young people and parents/carers with up to date information and advice about career, learning and employment choices.
· Work as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the Careers Centre and delivery of services.
· Provide young people with ongoing support so that they are able to move into, or progress within, employment, education or training. This may also involve advocating on their behalf with learning and other specialist support organisations to help overcome barriers.
· Have a level 3 qualification, preferably in Advice and Guidance.
· Have experience of face-to face advice work with the public, including experience of working with young people.
· Have knowledge of the opportunities available to young people, as well as some understanding of the issues which could be affecting their lives.
· Be able to work effectively as part of a team, whilst taking responsibility for own workload.
In addition, applicants will need to demonstrate that they have:
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills
· The ability to work well with people and across a number of teams
· Passion, drive and commitment
· The ability to think creatively and to generate new ideas for the business.
Our client, C & K Careers is a great place to work for anyone seeking employment in a people centred organisation where staff are valued and highly regarded. We offer excellent terms, conditions and benefits to our employees and opportunities for career development and progression.
Completed application forms should be returned before or no later than 9.00am on Tuesday 27 February 2018. Thank you for your interest
Promoting diversity and equality of opportunity
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect our staff to share this commitment
Appointments are subject to receiving a DBS Enhanced Disclosure