Competitive salary of up to £20,000 per annum
Do you want to work for a vibrant company helping to improve healthcare around the world?
This is a great opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic Assistant Buyer to join one of the fastest growing and exciting healthcare companies in the marketplace!
Optimum Medical is one of the UK’s leading healthcare manufacturers. Our products are supplied to every single NHS hospital in the UK as well as being exported to over 60 countries worldwide. Our company mantra is ‘constantly creating better’ because we aim to do just that. We are looking for the right person with a passion for success to join our Leeds based team.
Reporting to the Buyer, the Assistant Buyer will work alongside the Buyer to:
· Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production.
· Build and maintain relationships with current and future suppliers;
· Researching and identifying new manufacturing facilities;
· Regularly reviewing performance indicators such as sales and discount levels;
· Managing plans for stock levels;
· Reacting to changes in demand and logistics;
· Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates;
· Liaising with other departments within the company to ensure projects are completed on time;
· Attending trade fairs, in the UK and Internationally, to select and assemble a new collection of products;
· Participating in promotional activities;
· Writing reports and forecasting sales levels;
· Liaising with the UK and International Sales Teams to ensure supply meets demand;
· Obtaining feedback from customers;
· Supporting the marketing strategy in the Chinese market;
The successful candidate will be efficient, well organised and have a systematic and methodical approach to their work. They will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Full product training will be provided.
· Experience in sourcing (minimum of 1 year);
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Confident and enthusiastic with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude
· Ability to effectively prioritise your workload and work with a range of stakeholders;
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Experience working within Buying
· Competitive salary of up to £20,000 per annum
· 27 days holiday
· Health cash plan
· Cycle to Work scheme
Optimum Medical can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
Potential candidates will be assessed against our company values to make sure you are the right fit for the business.
At Optimum Medical we LISTEN, we CREATE, we MAKE IT HAPPEN, we CARE and we HAVE FUN!
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and a cover letter
The closing date for applications is 30th April 2018.
Constantly creating better