Assistant Buyer required for a fast growing manufacturing business based in Dudley, West Midlands.
A position has arisen for an energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Buyer with a 2 years + background in a procurement environment to work within our purchasing department.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have an manufacturing background and the self-assurance to generate new ideas, creative thinking and challenging the status quo whilst having the ability of working on your own initiative as well as part of a team is integral to the position.
- Forecasting business activities and closely managing stock levels ensure materials and components availability on time
- Planning, developing and buying raw materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Help to lower the cost and secure agreements and contribute to introduction of new products
- Liaise with overseas manufacturing plants, travelling to site on rare occasions, ensuring overseas operations are following through guidelines set by EU
- Liaise with Quality Department to discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required;
- 2 years + in similar position
- Production planning / CIPS Qualification preferred
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP/SAP preferred
- Recognised experience in a procurement environment
- Ability to collate, analyse, interpret and present information.
- Customer service &relations: Effective Communication across departments &countries - verbal and written
- Organisational Skills: Flexible, Logical Thinking, negotiating & networking, commercial awareness
Working Hours - 37.5 Hours - Days - Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Salary Guide: £22k - £24k DOE