Our client, an award winning international distributor of performance, luxury and supercar components is searching for an Assistant Account / Accounts Manager to join their busy Finance Team based in Egham, Surrey.
- Salary: £29,000 - £32,000
- Full-time, permanent role.
- Dynamic, fun working environment
- On-site parking
- Close to the station
This role will be ideally suited to an organised, diligent, hard-working individual looking to make the next step into an established business with the opportunity for growth. Reporting into the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for the timely, accurate and compliant production of financial information. Motor trade experience is not essential. This is a key role within the company.
- Producing daily performance reports
- Producing weekly supplier performance reports
- Preparing month end accruals and prepayments reports
- Allocating payments and receipts within the ledger system
- Carry out reconciliation of client accounts, supplier accounts, bank accounts and other control accounts in the accounting ledger
- Debtors and creditors list analysis
- Review of customer cancellations and refunds
- Petty cash disbursement and reconciliation
- Cash flow analysis
- Setting up bank transfers and liaising with bank on banking queries
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Intrastat and EC sales
- Maintenance of VAT reporting, controls and submission to HMRC
- Maintenance of fixed asset register, capitalisation and depreciation
- Quality control and ensuring all tasks are completed promptly
- Follow financial policies, procedures and controls that conform to generally accepted accounting principles and meet regulatory requirements
- Supporting the team to deliver detailed and accurate financial estimates for budget and forecasting purposes
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Assist with the drafting and production of year-end financial statements
- To support the annual audit process
- Liaison with external accountants and auditors
- Working closely with sales and logistics manager on stock management reporting
- Supporting the team with month and quarter end tasks as required
- Provide administrative support and information, liaising with colleagues throughout the company
- Staff training
- Active studier in either ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- 2-3 years’ experience within Accountancy and Finance
- Someone with an accurate, logical, and concise approach to their work.
- Strong commercial awareness
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
- Proficient user of Excel
- Excellent organisation, writing & communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Manages own time and prioritises workload effectively
- The spirit to work well in a team and thrive under pressure
- Flexible with good work ethic and willing to help out where necessary in all functions of the account department
- Willingness to learn with a "can-do" attitude
If you are interested in this exciting role then please send your CV to or call Chris Highfield for more details. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.