Job Title: Media and Communications Officer Apprentice
Location: Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: Up to £7.83 per hour*
*the rate of pay for apprentices aged over 25 is £7.83, for those aged 21 to 24 the rate of pay is £7.38, for those aged 18 to 20 the rate of pay is £5.90 per hour, and for those under 18 £4.20 per hour.
Job Type: Full time, FTC 18 Months (Part Time hours will also be considered)
Closing date: 9am on Monday 30th July 2018
Media and Communications cover a wide range of skills which can be used across a number of career paths.
Do you have a keen interest in the media, social media, marketing, digital marketing, photography, public relations and how website content is managed? This could be the apprenticeship for you, working in a busy team of communication professionals.
The role of Media and Communications Apprentice will be an excellent stepping stone to a career in the media because it will introduce a wide range of skills to the successful applicant and build resilience into those skills.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide support and assistance to the Communications team on a day to day basis which allows, through a programme of training and learning, the post holder to acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to fully perform the role of a Media and Communications Officer.
During this Apprenticeship, you will gain:
- An insight into the workings of a busy Communications team
- A range of skills in content creation, delivering media campaigns, web content management, marketing and brand awareness
- An understanding of how social media channels work for a local authority
- Experience of working with a wide range of professional, enthusiastic communicators keen to provide you with a great start to a career in media and communications
- Awareness of photography needs of the team and how to file imagery
As well as gaining valuable work experience, you will also work towards completing a Level 3 Digital Marketer Qualification.
- Understanding of computer software and PCs
- Five GCSE's at Grade C (or Grade 4 as applicable) including English and Mathematics
- Good keyboard skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Accuracy with written information and data
- Some previous knowledge of photography and graphic design
- Understanding of generating social media content
Although this apprenticeship is being advertised as a full time role, part time hours will be considered (minimum of 30 hours).
To apply for the role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
The Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
They offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Gold standard.
Candidates with experience of: Graduate, Apprenticeship, Apprenticeship Course, Apprenticeship Digital Marketing, Marketing Assistant, Social Media Officer, Social Media Marketing, Online Marketing Officer, Marketing Campaign Assistant, Website Editor, Website Administrator, Website Admin, Social Media and Website Content may also be considered for this role.