Join an innovative programme providing smart solutions, supporting IT systems, services, business processes and progress in your journey as a tech wizard. The tech industry has grown exponentially and we would like you take part.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers of pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. Proudly independent, they work a wide range of employers, trustees and financial services institutions – including many household names and leading organisations. They employ over 800 staff in four UK offices (London, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Glasgow).
They have a great company culture based around their values with dern city centre offices, the latest technology, a dress down culture and regular social and charity activities that employees can get involved with.
- Act as 1st line Support, triaging service and support requests placed by members of staff across the organisation.
- Accurately recording and managing all service and support requests logged on the IT Service Desk tool.
- Taking ownership of end user requests and following up on behalf of the end user, communicating progress in a timely manner and within SLA.
- Providing end user support in all aspects of corporate technology.
- Leveraging internal and external resources (knowledge bases / manuals / support sites / vendors) to answer questions and resolved issues.
- Contributing to the maintenance of FAQ documents, knowledge articles and user guides.
- Escalating issues to the appropriate technical group in accordance with established protocols.
- Maintaining a professional, high degree of customer care, adhering to all service management principles
- Maintaining established departmental processes and procedures, inclusive daily checks and system administration
- Adherance to IT information security standards, policies and procedures to ensure consistent quality of service.
- Flexibility on work patterns will be required, which may sometimes include work out with normal business hours
- First class approach to customer service
- Basic approach to technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Passion and enthusiasm for IT
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday- Friday
- 9.00am - 5.00pm initially
- Weekly Shifts 8am-4pm, 8.30am-4.30pm or 10am-6pm
- £15000 rising to £16000 on completion of 3 month probation
- 25 days annual leave
- Birthday leave
- Health, Life and Income Protection insurances
- Many other optional benefits
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.