Technical Support Engineer – 1st/2nd Line – Bristol – Permanent
Salary £22,000 - £27,000 (depending on skill set)
Our client is a leading technology company and looking for Technical Support Engineers (1st line and 2nd line) with experience of either XML or Java or common database technologies to work in from their Bristol office.
Responsibility• As a technical support engineer the successful candidate will be working within their small but bustling Customer Service team.
• Will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line technical support, ensuring closure of all service issues and incidents in accordance with agreed procedures and standards whilst delivering to a variety of SLA’s.
• Support engineers investigate and resolve technical issues reported by either customers or company’s personnel and provide detailed analysis for issues handed over to the 3rd line team for resolution.
• Will also be involved in working with their project delivery teams; reviewing new features and functionality before they are deployed to ensure they are fit for purpose and supportable.
Responsibilities are as follows:• To provide first point contact for all customers and manage all incoming incident / support requests to agreed levels of service.
• To provide technical evaluations, undertaking complex problem solving and where required, working with other appropriate lines of service with the business.
• To proactively communicate with all customers and stakeholders in a regular and timely manner ensuring they are kept informed of progress of all issues raised.
• To be an active member of their busy team working hard to maintain service within SLA, escalating where issues may, and will, fall outside.
• To liaise with the “Development”, “Delivery” and “Operations” teams to aid the diagnosis of issues raised and review new features, before go-live, providing final sign off.
• To actively participate in regular customer service review meetings.
• To provide “out of hours” support on a rota basis (24x7x365).
Competence needs• A proven track record working within a busy 1st/2nd line technical support environment or similar IT support role.
• An understanding of XML, Java and common database technologies.
• The ability to demonstrate that the successful candidate has a flexible and proactive approach to work, with the ability to work under pressure, including experience of working in an SLA driven environment.
• Proven technical investigation and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to document new processes and procedures for use both internally and externally.
• Experience working with other lines of service, including 3rd line technical support/project and operations teams.
• Excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
Bonus Skills:• Knowledge of ITIL Methodologies.
• Experienced in using JIRA.
• Working knowledge / experienced in working with API’s.
• Experienced in working as part of an Out of Hours support team.
• Working knowledge of web applications, including: web client, web service and database systems