Ambulance Care Assistant
Location: University College London Hospital, NW1 2BU (North West London)
Salary: £17,472 to £19,656, plus potential 10% monthly bonus incentive
Full Time - 40, 42.5 and 45 hour contracts available
Flexible shift patterns
Full UK Driving Licence required
We are seeking enthusiastic, caring non-emergency Ambulance Care Assistants to join an exciting and expanding team based at the University College Hospital London. As an Ambulance Care Assistant you will play a vital role as part of the NHS service, for eligible patients who would otherwise not be able to get to appointments for treatment and safely returned home again.
If successful you will be driving (or assisting as part of a crew) and transporting patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification. The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery. Experience is preferred but not essential as we can provide comprehensive training, mentoring, and support where necessary to ensure we are able to offer the best service to patients whilst in our care and give individuals the opportunity to learn and develop within the ambulance industry.
- Full UK manual Driving Licence required.
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically fit able to lift patients.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients
All positions are subject to enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Scheme) clearance, reference checks for the past 5 employment years and a driving skills assessment.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding, prevent training and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Other benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
- Company pension scheme
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Child Care vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Click Here To Apply