Advanced Quality Engineer
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for working with the suppliers, customers and CCUK to lead and facilitate quality improvements and resolving issues that lead to the achievement of successful PPAP. This role includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking the lead for PPAP and the launch of all programs, engineering changes
- Owning and driving process capability - CP/CPK on all developing programs (SPC, CM and in process gauge development Design, Quote, Procurement, Validation)
- Tracking development to meet program milestones
- Reviewing component drawings and understanding the application requirements for each component with dimensional studies on finished goods with roadmaps as required
- Effective launch transition to production
- PDP and Business Protocol Adherence, PDP documents to be completed as per program milestones and evidence provided for files
- Ensuring best practice is followed throughout the Design process
- The timely closure of Engineering Changes Action Items
- Ensuring customer representation/resources are in place for launch readiness
- Performing equipment supplier visitations/audits as deemed necessary
- Analysing, troubleshooting and following up on internal and customer quality issues
- Meeting all commitments - confronting and elevating issues in a timely manner
- Providing technical and administrative support as needed
- Implementing strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement
- Performing any other ad hoc duties as required
- Warranty Analysis
The above is an outline of the duties to be performed and the incumbent will be expected to follow any job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of experience is desirable
- Understanding of APQP Gate Review development process
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: die casting, metal forming, automated assembly, mechanisms, tooling fixtures and gauges.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar production systems
- Strong understanding of Core Quality Tools (APQP, SPC, MSA, FMEA and PPAP), Control plans/Process Flows, Root Cause Analysis/Practical Problem solving
- Proficient in and learning the Business Operating Systems (TS16949, IMDS, QSI)
- Process knowledge (die castings, moulding, assembly)
- ISO/IATF knowledge is desirable
- Good level of experience working in a medium to high volume manufacturing environment preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Able to work in a faced paced team environment
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good presentation skills
- Self-motivated, able to initiate and follow tasks through to completion.
- Analytical with a data-driven thought process
- Motivational and assertive personality, willing to learn, seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgement.
- Flexible and able to provide support to a continuous operations environment.
- Able and willing to travel and work extended hours based on customer demand and production schedule.
- Able to adapt well to change in assignments and priorities and able to adapt work methods in response to new information and changing conditions
- Able to communicate professionally to customers and senior management
- Primarily manufacturing plant shop floor and office.
- Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed.
- Requires regular travel to customer and suppliers as required (UK, Europe and internationally)
If you think you have what it takes, then apply today!