We are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic customer focused Administration Assistant to join our extremely busy and friendly NHS Office team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Receiving referrals, recording receipt and arranging for appropriate triage by Consultants
- Management of patient files and x-rays across the hospital and between the hospital and the Trusts
- Making up of new patient files and meeting deadlines in preparation for operation dates and pre-admission process
- Maintenance of database records (largely spread-sheets on Excel)
- Accessing information from the main hospital Cosmic database
- Accessing information from the main Choose and Book system
- Liaising with all relevant Departments in the Hospital, Consultants and Secretaries to arrange patient appointments, pre-admission checks and operations
- Communication with the originating Hospital Trusts and CCG’s providing timely and accurate data for their records
- Liaising with patients to discuss dates and availability
- Making and re-arranging outpatient and other appointments for NHS patients using Cosmic and confirming appointments by letter
This is a fast paced position that is constantly changing so you will have excellent administration skills and the ability to organize and prioritize the workload whilst working under pressure. A keen eye for detail is essential in this role to ensure accurate collection of data.
You will need to be a good communicator with experience, face to face and via email, letter and the telephone and be able to liaise with patients, staff and consultants at all levels.
English and Mathematics are an essential part of the role as is a good standard of general education. Some knowledge of medical terminology would be beneficial.
The successful candidate would need to be computer literate including Microsoft Office programmes and have an understanding of confidentiality issues.
In return we offer the successful candidate:
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Free parking and subsidized staff restaurant
Please contact Luciana Falco on 01462 427 209 or email email@example.comHelp if you would like to speak to someone about the position
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Pinehill Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.