Accounts Assistant - Sales Ledger/Credit Control
£22-25k per annum, depending on experience
Temp to Permanent
The world's leading provider of specialist equipment for the emergency services market are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their friendly team. The company have manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe, and representative offices and distributors throughout the world. They have been going for over 70 years and are well respected in their field.
They would ideally like someone who could start immediately and then eventually become a permanent member of staff but they will look at people on a month's notice also.
The Role: As Accounts Assistant you will be expected to: -
- Full responsibility for the credit control function for between 150-200 customer accounts and collection of pro forma invoices
- Process all sales update for all customer invoices and credit notes.
- Set up New Accounts on the Purchase Ledger in line with Company policy
- Prepare and process the Cash Receipts Books - matching cash receipts to invoices paid.
- Reconcile Customer accounts in conjunction with Credit Control.
- Reconcile Sales Ledger Control Accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining the AR order hold process, compliance hold process and commission process.
- Prepare the OEM Discount, Commission, Credit Note spreadsheets for use during the month end close.
- Liaising with Auditors, Customer service and the business.
- Process and maintain accounts receivable on holding entity IDEX UK- tasks will include recharge invoices, collection of invoices, cashbook reconciliation and intercompany confirmations.
- Other tasks will include month end close journals, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations, EC Sales and Intrastat and ad-hoc analytical analysis.
- Maintaining and implementing internal controls to a high standard.
To be successful in the Accounts Assistant role you will have:
- AAT Qualified
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years accounting experience in Sales Ledger or similar role
- Strong PC Skills - MS Office and ideally working knowledge of Mapics and JD Edwards
- Ability to implement and maintain internal controls
- Good Maths skills and attention to detail
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- 6% matched contribution
- 25+8 stat holiday
- Company bonus - performance related
- Annual merit review of salary
- 3x salary life assurance
- Free parking
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.