Are you part qualified or studying AAT, ACCA or CIMA and have finance experience? Are you looking for a challenging new role? You should be commercially minded and able to work in a fast-moving operational environment in a family owned and operated storage and logistics business. You should be eager to contribute and will play a crucial role in the ongoing success of the business. Previous experience in 3rd party logistics, warehousing or supply chain would be ideal.
The role is primarily responsible to support the Management Accountant. In addition to the operational and other ad hoc finance responsibilities this role offers excellent scope for personal growth and professional development.
The role is based at our largest manufacturing site in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire. This site is close to the A1 from Junction 38 or Barnsdale Bar A639 and is within commutable distance of Leeds, Doncaster, Pontefract and Wakefield.
- Opportunity to play a crucial role in the ongoing success of the business and be a part of the operation as it happens
- Generous annual salary dependant on qualifications and experience
- Immediate start available
- Generous holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Full time working hours, from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- AAT qualified and/or potentially studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Have strong communication skills to be able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- You will be flexible and self-motivated with a high level of organisation
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Previous work in a 3PL background would be particularly advantageous
- You must possess excellent IT skills and have a very high standard of numeracy
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills expected
- Previous experience of Access Dimensions software would be a distinct advantage.
- Monthly account pack preparation for four busy sites
- High quality finance support and financial information to key stakeholders
- Variance analysis on costs against budget and year to date
- Weekly reconciliation and production of flash reporting
- Production of accruals and prepayments and the associated journals
- Fixed assets accounting and register maintenance
- Production of the year end reporting pack; audit files and dealing with audit queries
- Review and analysis of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Various reporting and analysis requests from senior management, including the MD
- Provide support to Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger as required
Does this sound like the role you’ve been searching for? Do you have these skills?
If you want to join The Ice Co family as our Accounts Assistant - please click Apply
Please include your CV and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience.
Individuals selected for interview will be contacted by telephone, so please include your daytime telephone number.
The Ice Co strive to respond to all online applicants, however we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.