Accounts Assistant – Art Systems
Department: Finance – Art Systems
Reports to: Accounts Manager
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; 8.45am – 17.45pm
Contract type: Permanent
Within the large format print industry, ArtSystems are regarded as one of the largest value-added distributor and service providers for resellers in the UK today. With over 67 people employed we have massive office and warehouse facilities in Nottingham are reporting an annual turnover in excess of £31 million.
We are certainly the longest established distributor in the market today. Founded in 1986 with our expertise originally aimed at the CAD and Document Management market, a natural progression to the large format graphics and signage market took place when a gap in this sector was identified.
The Job Role
You will support the Accounts Manager in a variety of tasks across credit control, invoicing and credit notes, reconciliations and other ad-hoc tasks as required. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced accounts assistant to take on a more senior role, working closely with the Accounts Manager and covering this role in their absence.
- To collect outstanding customer debt in a timely, effective and professional manner whilst maintaining and developing good customer relationships.
- Process UK & Foreign supplier invoices & credit notes enabling payment within specified times.
- Collect overdue monies following company procedures to minimize bad debts
- Maintain ledger to ensure all incoming cash is allocated accurately
- Produce invoices and credit notes on a daily basis and statements on a monthly basis
- Resolve customer enquiries to maintain good customer relationships on a regular basis
- Setting of credit limits using Experian and Atradius
- Releasing of credit stopped orders on a daily basis
- Daily reporting to the bank
- To process incoming purchase invoices and credit notes into Navision
- To liaise with the Purchasing department to resolve outstanding invoice queries
- Resolve supplier queries to maintain good supplier relationships
- Reconcile major supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Bank reconciliations for sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Intrastat reporting if required
- Payment runs for purchase ledger if required
- Setting up direct debit collections if required
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Excellent telephone skills for collection of overdue accounts
- Experience in an accounts environment of Credit Control and Purchase Ledger
- Knowledge of Navision, Sage, other Financial Management Systems etc.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of spreadsheets and Microsoft Word
- High levels of accuracy/numeracy
- Enthusiastic and motivational with a logical approach to problem solving
- Proactive with a flexible approach; ability to make decisions without referral
- Keen sense of time management by planning and prioritizing work using own initiative
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with a cover letter stating your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
NO AGENCIES PLEASE