Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with another college to form a group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual with excellent communication and organisation skills to take on this role in the Finance department.
Reporting directly to the Group Accountant and working alongside a multi-disciplined team, to assist in the day-to-day running of the Finance Office and financial systems
Duties are varied and include providing a variety of administrative and clerical support within the Finance Department.
In addition to a good standard of general education you should also have previous experience of working in a finance environment. You will have a confident manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, excellent MS Office Skills (Word and Excel) and will be able to work efficiently to tight deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take an active role in the reconciliation of bank accounts and assist in the generation of cashflow forecasts and overall treasury management.
- To generate monthly financial journals including accruals and prepayments.
- To undertake financial reconciliations'.
- To assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts to tight deadlines.
- To assist in the preparation of audited annual accounts.
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and the subsequent devolvement to cost centres.
- To undertake variance analysis to maintain effective budgetary control.
- To complete statutory financial returns (including VAT).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has previous experience of working in a finance environment.
- Works with accuracy and pays attention to detail.
- Has the ability to organise own workload, and work to deadlines.
- Has excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner.
What's in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
How to Apply
Please note that uploading your CV is the first stage of the application process. You will be sent an email with a link to complete an online application form, which you must complete to be considered.
The closing date for completed applications is 4th March 2018
Interviews to be held week commencing 12th March 2018