Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 per annum + benefits including commission, sales-based bonus, company pension, staff discount scheme, relaxed working environment with two Sausage Dogs (Finley and Scout) often roaming free, flexible working & plenty of social events!
An independent, fast-growing start-up company selling contemporary greeting cards, stationery and gifts based in the Midlands is looking for an Account Manager with a degree or relevant experience in sales to join their close-knit team.
Now in their 7th year, most people recognise them from their website, but they also have two shops in Loughborough and Ipswich, selling directly to other shops across the globe through their trade activity, and running a monthly stationery subscription service called Papergang.
They are passionate about what they do and only employ smart people that understand and support their goals - you should also be fun, hard-working and driven by success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be assigned with independent, non-chain retailers/smaller standalone shops to maximise sales opportunities, which will involve:
- Managing all aspects of the sales pipeline - from identifying and generating leads, to following up on new business opportunities
- Promoting the company's products to assigned independent trade customers
- Maintaining regular dialogue with customers (e.g. by making phone calls, sending emails and other written communication, visiting clients or attending trade shows)
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and resolving any problems or complaints
- Negotiating with trade customers to secure profitable sales
- Ensuring customer invoices, order processing and returns are completed or paid for
- Supporting any trade-related marketing activities (newsletters, tradeshows and other PR and event activities)
- Regularly presenting sales reports and presentations to the management team and directors
- Assisting in the management of all trade sales processes and making suggestions to the directors to improve current processes
- Building strong working relationships with customers, company agents and distributors
- Ensuring sales targets are achieved or exceeded
What You'll Need
- Degree and/or relevant experience in sales
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience in the following: sales (especially working a sales pipeline), negotiation, managing customer accounts, and producing sales reports and presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail to meet deadlines Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Flexible - ability to adapt to the needs of a small business
- Personable approach (face-to-face, over the phone and online)
- Passion for creating excellent customer experiences
- Experience in WMS
- Previous experience working in a small business
Sound interesting? Click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience in and job titles including Sales Manager, Business Development, Sales Executive, Internal Sales, Account Manager, Telesales, Technical Support, Telemarketing, Telemarketer, Account Executive, Client Care, Lead Generation, Account Management may be considered.