PK Education is recruiting ASD Teaching Assistants to work within Special Needs Schools located within the Stourbridge area. Teaching Assistants are extremely respected and key to the overall learning and development of pupils. The positions would suit individuals who are seeking a challenging, professional, enjoyable, and rewarding experience.
The schools cater for pupils with severe learning difficulties aged 3 – 19. The schools have Specialist Provision for Sensory and Physical needs. Their role in our local community is very important and they want all pupils to be given the opportunity to fulfil their potential as valued members of their community.
The SEN Teaching Assistant role
• To support and engage with the SEN pupils in class
• Assist the teacher where possible
• Assess and track progress of pupils
• Help clean and ensure the classroom is ready for the next school day
• This is a full time role ( Monday – Friday 9am until 4 pm)
• Support pupils with their personal hygiene care
The Ideal SEN Teaching Assistant should have a proven track record in supporting students with complex needs as part of a team and working positively in a demanding environment.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
• Experience of working as a ASD Teaching Assistant in a special school
• Flexible and available for full time work.
• Current, valid DBS (update service).
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies.
• Have own Transport
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.
• Think and plan strategically
• Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.
• Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
• Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive rates of pay from between £8.00 and £11 per hour (AWR Compliant).
24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
Exposure and networking opportunities to other schools associated with this school.
PK education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy at all times.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will be supporting teaching across various key stages. Working alongside the class teacher, you will help outside-class learning from pupils who have been identified as needing extra support or motivation. You may have to prepare the classroom daily, ensuring the appropriate learning resources are available for use by the pupils. You will be able to contribute to the planning of the various after school activities if needed.
Being proactive, professional and having a positive attitude is what we look for.
For any information and to apply please contact Kirsty on 0121 631 3466