Job Description – Multi-Drop Delivery Driver
Platinum International Ltd is the UK’s largest distributor of Automotive Batteries and Lubricants operating from 11 Depots within Europe and currently selling in excess of 1.6 million batteries per year. Our customers vary from Blue Chip organisations, National Fast Fit chains to Motor Factors.
Based in our Manchester Depot, located within Trafford Park, M17 1SA, we are looking to recruit a Full Time and Permanent 7.5T Driver to join our team. Working 40hrs per week (8hrs daily) in shifts from Monday to Friday only, typical working hours will range in shifts between a 08:00 start to a 17:00 finish, flexibility is essential. Experience of pick/pack and distribution business models and understanding of multi-drop delivery driving experience will be of a major advantage.
Primary purpose of role:
The purpose of a 7.5T Multi-Drop Delivery Driver is to distribute goods to our customer and depot network, assist management to maintain and deliver automotive/lubricant products to a Platinum standard. This is achieved by the site using the Company’s systems and processes to ensure that stock is correctly received, located, maintained, picked, loaded and delivered to our customers correctly.
Reporting to: Support Centre Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of automotive batteries and lubricants to customer base;
- Loading batteries from picking/loading area in the warehouse, as per paperwork and onto a delivery vehicle;
- Ensuring stock is loaded in a safe manner, secured (with the weight evenly distributed) and ensuring the product is in a sellable order;
- Driving vehicle in a safe and effective manner, in conjunction with the highway safety rules;
- Ensuring stock is delivered to our customers, accurately and in a professional manner;
- Unloading stock from the vehicle using correct manual handling procedures;
- Collecting any scrap batteries as required and place onto the company van appropriately;
- Collecting any warranty batteries as required and place on the van appropriately;
- Ensure paperwork is filled accurately and legibly (GRN’s and scrap notes);
- Unload any batteries on return to the warehouse and complete a de-brief;
- Aid warehouse operations if and when required;
- Maintaining standards of the Company vehicles at all times, i.e. checking tyres, engine oil, water and cleanliness;
- Disposing of any packaging from van and warehouse to maintain good housekeeping;
- Ensure that operations are completed in a proactive manner, in adherence to Health and Safety laws, legal duties of care and efficiency parameters;
- Working in a smart manner to maximum productivity at all times;
- Ensure the product is maintained, stored and delivered to customers in excellent condition, in a timely manner;
- Develop knowledge, skills and training in all aspects of responsibility;
- Develop ideas in an innovative manner, liaising with other company functions to drive business forward;
- Communicate with peers/fellow workmates on a daily basis;
- Inspect premises by foot, to ensure all Health and Safety is being adhered to and the premises are tidy;
- Inspect equipment on a daily basis for serviceability;
- Being smart and courteous at all times, as a representative of the Company.
- Any other activity and tasks as determined by line Manager;
To be successful with Platinum:
- Hard-working, conscientious and passionate about contributing towards the smooth and professional delivery of our products to customers
- Excellent attention to detail and takes pride in the standards and quality of your work.
- Happy, helpful and smiley in character and possess a ‘Can do approach’ to both your work and personal life, to aid you in providing a consummate level of service to our customers.
- Salary - £21,500 approx per annum (depending on experience)
- Monthly Bonus Scheme – based on old core units collected
- Pension Scheme
- Full bespoke training
- The opportunity to join a continually expanding Company
At Platinum we pride ourselves in being a Company which seeks to attract and retain the best talent, as we recognise the difference that people can bring to our business. We have an entrepreneurial and innovative culture that has seen us grow rapidly and thus provide our colleagues with opportunities to progress and develop a long-term career as we continue to grow and expand. Platinum seeks to create an environment where our customers, suppliers and employees can grow and prosper through an ethos of continual improvement and positive ethical relationships.
Please note, due to the number of applicants we receive we will only respond to candidates whom we wish to call to interview.