Trading since 1989, we're the UK's largest provider of property risk expertise and residential surveying services. To put it into numbers, we complete more than one property inspection every 12 seconds and employ over 600 surveyors from Land’s End to John O’Groats. This gives us the flexibility to offer nationwide coverage combined with invaluable local knowledge.
We're part of the LSL Property Services PLC Group, which includes household names Your Move and Reeds Rains, as well as the mortgage network PRIMIS. We work with lenders, intermediaries, social housing entities and estate agents in addition to private customers.
We are now seeking an approachable person to be the lead contact for daily technical support of the email, server, storage and network environments. To provide the daily technical support of the desktop / server and network environments and to own any necessary escalations to relevant 3rd party support companies.
This is an exciting new role and a great opportunity to join a team who are passionate about delivering exceptional IT support.
- To provide a technical and functional escalation for the 1st Line analysts
- To ensure the speedy resolution of incidents
- To participate in the root cause analysis, and resolution of problems.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a process of Continuous Service Improvement.
- To play an active role in identifying improvement opportunities and ensuring that these are communicated to the Service Desk Team leader and / Service Delivery Manager as appropriate.
- Own and deliver the Desktop Engineering & Support
- Provide day-to-day support of the server and network infrastructure
- Provide day-to-day support of infrastructure application services such as Active Directory, File & Print services and email.
- Provide efficient and effective escalation path from the 1st line support team
- Act as a ‘bridge’ between 1st and 3rd line teams
- Operate within the processes, policies and standards of e.Surv information security management system, aligned to ISO27001
- Adhere to all operating procedures of the IT Service Desk specifically and the IT department generally.
- Actively assist in delivering a ‘fit for purpose’ service support function.
- Being an active member of a trusted and ‘go-to’ service desk that the business is proud of
- Ensure all incidents and requests are captured with accuracy in appropriate Service Desk application(s).
- Maintain, in a timely manner, all call logs in relation to Incidents, Problems and Service Requests.
- Own and drive problem management for the relevant technical areas
- Drive continuous improvement within IT and ITIL nest practices
- Minimum of five years’ experience supporting the desktop environment of both local and remote users in a demanding environment
- Experience of root cause analysis as part of Pproblems Management
- Excellent communications skills – both written and spoken
- Understanding of process improvement including Incident and Problem Management
- Good experience of supporting Active Directory and Access Management
- Experience of remote desktop technologies (e.g Autotask, RDP, TeamViewer)
- Experience of anti-virus solutions (e.g Kaspersky, MacAfee EPO)
- Experience of working to SLA's
- Demonstrable PC hardware skills and knowledge, including Wi-Fi support
- At least 2 years’ experience of configuring and supporting desktop hardware
- Experience of Microsoft O365
- MS Windows 10 troubleshooting/support
- Solid experience solving desktop and server problems
- Previous experience of automated desktop build technologies
- Solid understanding of supporting Microsoft Active Directory, including GPO
- Solid understanding of Email, Exchange and ActiveSync Support
If you feel you fit our criteria - please send us your CV and salary expectation for immediate consideration or contact Mark Cowlishaw-Booth for a confidential discussion.
LSL Property Services are dedicated to protecting your data – our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed HERE