Second Chef - Full Time
Are you warm, friendly and genuine? Do you enjoy working with customers? We’ve an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding catering career with us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Chef who can Support the Chef Manager in delivering attractive and wholesome food for one of our retirement homes located at MHA Welland Place, St Mary's Rd, Market Harborough LE16 7GF
The ideal candidate will also have the ability to satisfy client requests and work well as part of a team. Good communication and organisational skills are essential.
The position will involve some travelling with a mixture of shifts at Welland Place and a 90 minute radius for relief cover.
Summary of Role
As Assistant Chef you will prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity for a chef looking to work in a high end environment whilst supporting the site manager and developing your own Management Skills. You will join a fun and dynamic team who pride themselves on high standards.
As a Chef you will provide support for the Site Manager, you will prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
You will be expected to attend courses to help the development of your own management skills, along with the support of the site manager
Your key responsibilities as the Second Chef will consist of:
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Second Chef include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience desirable but not essential
Why it’s great to work for us:
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £10.00 per hour dependent on experience.
Holidays 28 days (including Bank Holidays), colleague pension enrolment and subsidised lunches
As a Second Chef, you are also eligible for Eye Care Vouchers. There is the option to purchase up to 5 additional days holiday. You can receive a range of discounts on EE Mobile Contracts, at Nissan Motors, AA breakdown cover and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
We are passionate about focusing on colleagues and hold Elior Annual Awards Events, recognition schemes every month plus training and career progression through the Academy and Apprenticeship qualifications.
You can request additional leave for charity work and we provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing support.
We foster and believe in diversity and believe a workplace free from discrimination leads to a fun, supportive environment.
Click on apply now. All you need is an updated CV and cover letter, we'll do the rest.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to attend an interview, please let us know.
*All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
#teamelior #eliorcareers #eliorjobs #cateringjobs
Twitter: @elioruk Facebook: Elior Careers
In line with General Data Protection Regulations you can find our Privacy Notice on our website.