We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an internship where you can improve your knowledge of Arm architecture, and develop your software development skills? This rare opportunity allows you to join the Architecture and Technology Group and work on the repository containing machine-readable descriptions of the Arm architecture.
This repository includes various user interfaces and productivity tools, and you will be accountable for an improvement in one of the following areas:
- User interface. Are you able to provide new and improved mechanisms to enter data or manipulate information, or innovative ways of presenting information to our users?
- Tools. Can you build new tools that aid the creation of the instruction set, the register definitions, and other concepts of the architecture?
- Pseudocode. Will you develop pseudocode to describe new features that allow us to model the architecture?
- Testing. Will you find new ways of checking that the data we have is correct and consistent?
The role gives an opportunity for you to promote and demonstrate the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) is responsible for developing the Arm Architecture and associated technologies for Arm’s roadmap. The work of the group is fundamental to Arm’s success, providing the key specifications associated with processor and related infrastructure design. This includes the information needed for compliant software development, debug and trace support, and other aspects of the Arm ecosystem. The scope applies across the broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high performance computing.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Studying towards a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Experience of software development in C or Python or any other meaningful programming language.
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with software development processes.
- The ability to work effectively either alone or as part of a team.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. You will face new and exciting challenges.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Understanding of CPU architecture.
- Knowledge of JSON, XML and XSLT.
- Experience with Unix scripting and makefiles.
- Familiarity with parsing domain-specific programming or markup languages.
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’. We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.