We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic Apprentice with an interest in Electronics, Software or Embedded Systems (like Raspberry Pi) to join Arm’s Hardware Platform team, who are working at the forefront of embedded design based around Arm IP products. We are responsible for
· Creating physical hardware development platforms, based around Arm’s custom system-on-chip (SoC) and FPGAs to enable software development and validation activities for both our external partners/customers and our internal development teams.
· Designing and releasing the latest Arm IP technologies in FPGA image, enabling pre-silicon software and ecosystem development, reducing time to market.
If you’re interested in:
· The potential to work on all aspects of product development, from specification to customer release.
· Eager to learn, a willingness to try different things.
· The challenges of helping to get new development boards work!
· How to build, test and debug software on hardware that hasn’t yet been released to the market.
· Working alongside many other teams including system architects, CPU / System IP designers, physical chip layout / packaging engineers.
Then we have a role for you!
What will I be accountable for?
As an Apprentice, you will work at Arm’s offices in Cambridge, UK where you will have a mentor, and be able to get to grips with the problems ranging across many hardware and software areas. You will be part of the Platforms team, the with potential to experience both hardware and software aspects of the work.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need
Essential Skills & Qualities
• A passion for embedded computing that goes beyond your studies
• A creative and structured approach to problem-solving
• Basic understanding of digital and analogue electronics and circuit diagrams
• A desire for learning and self-improvement
Desirable Skills and Qualities
The following skills are not essential for this role, but experience in any of the following areas would enhance your application:
• Programming languages such as: higher-level (e.g. C), object-orientated (e.g. C++) or similar.
• Interest in scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
• Good written and spoken English; can write coherent documentation
How do I stand out?
What additional beneficial extracurricular activities do you participate in whether this be self-study, community participation or volunteering. Examples of this being
· Projects undertaken outside of formal study, technical and non-technical.
· General interest in new technologies and how Arm fits in.
· What do you want to be doing with your career over the next 5 years?
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps