JTL is one of the largest work-based learning providers in England and Wales, working with over 3700 businesses from large corporations to small local suppliers.
We currently work with over 7,000 learners and train more apprentices than anyone else in the building services engineering sector.
Your primary role will be to provide 1st line technical support to all staff to help them resolve any software and hardware problems with computers and other technology.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Provide excellent 1st line support to our growing client base
• Receive and record all issues raised by users, dealing with requests and complaints
• Accurately logging incidents in our service desk solution, ensuring all relevant data is captured
• Provide initial assessment of all incidents, making a first attempt at incident resolution and escalating to second and third line of support where appropriate
• Take responsibility for ownership of incidents and ensuring the user is kept informed of progress
• Assess recurring issues, investigate them and use appropriate methods to resolve the root cause using agreed processes
• To assist in providing help desk cover along with other IT staff
• Following technical support procedures as required with SLA's and KPI's
• Implement and rollout new software and hardware, providing any necessary training and advice to staff
• Provide support and maintenance for application software remotely and onsite
• Be aware of JTL systems, referring any problems to the IT Infrastructure Manager
• Participation in projects, working to deadlines and including the production of relevant documentation where required
Desired skills and personal qualities:
• Good communication skills
• Good Team Player
• Problem Solving
• Planning and Organising
• Relevant work experience within the IT industry
• Understanding of machine builds and imaging technology
• Keen interest in technology
• Microsoft Office 365 administration experience
• Experience with Microsoft products including Windows 10 and Office 365/2016/2019
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Exceptional customer-service and communication skills (written and verbal) in order to provide a first-class level of support to clients
• PC & Mac (desirable) hardware technical understanding
• Able to think outside the box
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.