WHY YOU’RE HERE
And how you help drive our strategy
At Convergence, success is hardwired. It's part of the fabric of our business. It's who we all are. You’re here because you’ve got what it takes to provide outstanding service, fixing customers’ network faults. Part of our 24/7 Network Operations Centre (NOC), you’ll build customer trust and relationships – which makes you vital to our business.
WHY THIS IS A SWITCHED ON OPPORTUNITY
What makes this role really stand out
The business: young, dynamic and shattering expectations. The challenge: to fix faults in WAN, Ethernet, CCTS, DSL and LAN technologies. It’s a varied role that comes with amazing progression and training opportunities. We’ll help you learn, get qualifications and move up to 2nd Line in 24 months (on average). And let’s not forget the extra £3k pa shift allowance for a 4-on / 4-off, 12-hour shift pattern.
WHERE YOU’LL HAVE AN IMPACT
The role your department plays in our business
Our Engineering team is the heartbeat of the business, ensuring our systems perform. The Network Operations Centre is on the frontline, making connections in every way.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
What a normal day at work looks like for you
Day to day, you’ll:
- Deliver a worldclass customer service experience.
- Provide end to end incident management throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Manage suppliers.
- Create and submit knowledge articles to increase 1st time fix rates.
- Maintain and update NOC processes and procedures.
- Ensure faults are escalated and resolved within the customer contracted Service Level.
- Proactively monitor customer networks via our internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Provide incident management and technical resolution of 1st line networkrelated faults and prompt escalation to 2nd line when required.
- Maintain and update the fault management systems throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Engage and proactively feedback on system and process improvement.
- Complete lowlevel change requests.
- Provide the customer with a key contact during the incident lifecycle.
What you bring to the job
Your background will demonstrate:
- At least a year’s experience of working in a busy, customerfocused Telecoms, Data Centre or IT environment.
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment.
- The drive and eagerness to work within a 24/7 rota.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Service Desk or NOC experience.
About your education and qualifications
You’ll really need to know your stuff, which means you’ll need:
- CCENT certification
- To be studying towards an IT qualification (ideally Cisco Technology, e.g. CCNA) if you haven’t got one already.
We’d also be interested in any Cisco/Huawei/HP Aruba certifications or knowledge you might have.
YOUR REGULATORY KNOWLEDGE
Anything specific you need to know
- BPSS and SC clearance is required for this role
- Telecommunications / Network regulatory knowledge would certainly be helpful.
YOUR BUSINESS SKILLS
The skills and knowledge you need to make an impact on a business level
- A good understanding of helpdesks or customer service.
- A firm grasp of Telecommunication, Networking and IT Infrastructure.
- Ideally, an understanding of ISP environments.
The personal qualities you need to fit the way we work
Doing things the Convergence way takes:
- Enthusiasm, energy and selfmotivation
- Great communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- A commitment to being part of a team
- Excellent analytical skills
- Honesty – we’re a straighttalking business!
- Commitment to us and the job
- Enough resilience to keep pace in our challenging and fastmoving environment
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo
- The ability to influence your peers and make a positive impact
- A results focused approach
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- 24x7 Shift work - 4 on - 4 off / 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
- Place of Work: Solihull Office
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
- Shift Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance (includes medical, mental health, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Pension scheme
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Progression opportunities