(1AA) Bus Driver Cwmbran - Training Provided
Stagecoach Bus Careers
*This role would suit someone that is in a customer service or retail role*
Are you friendly, outgoing and looking for a job in a customer facing role?
- Fully Paid Training
- Travel Concessions
- Excellent Pension (after qualifying period)
- Up to 5 Weeks Paid Holiday
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunities for career progression
Previous experience in customer service is preferred; successful applicants ought to have held a driving licence for at least two years (desirable) with no more than three points on their licence.
We are looking for friendly, flexible & reliable people, who enjoy engaging with the public, working on their own initiative and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dedicated team. As a Bus Driver you will be required to operate the company’s network of local bus services, providing essential transport throughout our operating area.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Engaging with customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey with us
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to the high company standards attained during the paid training period
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training to PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) licence standard will be provided, including:
- Tuition to pass modules 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the PCV Driving Test
- Vehicle and route familiarisation.
- Ticket machine and ticket type training.
- Introduction to company systems, procedures and policies.
Once you have passed through all the formalised training elements you will work with an experienced colleague who will support you in your early days as you settle in to your new role.
We even provide ongoing training to help you excel in your role and ensure you maintain your Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
The Company offers an attractive remuneration package, including up to five weeks annual leave, a smart uniform, free local bus travel for employees and their spouses/partners and great pension benefits.