About the Job
Network and Telecoms Specialist - £35,000
ShortList Recruitment are working with a growing asset management company who currently have a requirement for a Network and Telecoms Specialist to join their support team.
This company is renowned for their customer-focused principles and industry leading solutions and attract a high calibre of individuals to their teams. The main focus for the Network and Telecoms Specialist will be to bring skills, experience and a fresh perspective to the current IT and Telephony offering. The Network and Telecoms Specialist will be engaging, supportive and have a "can do, will do" approach to all levels of support required by the business.
Main responsibilities for the Network and Telecoms Specialist:
- Manage and maintain current infrastructure and telecoms offering, including firewalls, mobile phones, network and more.
- Undertake configuration, maintenance and management of the telephony system (Avaya)
- Build and maintain 3rd party vendor and support relationships
- Be integral to the the IT team and always be available to provide support when asked
- Bring fresh perspective and knowledge to help build resilience to the current offering
- Identify weaknesses and opportunities to improve the network
Main requirements for the Network and Telecoms Specialist:
- Solid experience with telephony systems such as Avaya, Cisco, MYTtel
- Experience with configuration and how to route voice
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a 2nd or 3rd line support role
- Ability to prioritise, act autonomously and managing own workload
- Networking experience including switches, routing, Firewalls, Private Cloud and AWS
The right Network and Telecoms Specialist for this role will be driven and proactive, demonstrate best practice, and bring enthusiasm to the role. This role rewards the right individual with a salary of up to £35K plus additional benefits. The role is easily commutable from Chester, Wrexham, Ellesmere Port, Warrington, Wirral, Oswestry and North Wales.
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis.