About the Job
Technical Support Engineer - Storage Specialist - Manchester
£40,000 plus Benefits
ShortList Recruitment are working with a leading IT company in Manchester to grow they managed services team. This company works with a range of private and public sector clients to manage their IT needs.
The Technical Support Engineer will work within the managed service team to supply a range of support, management and offer improvement to select customers for their storage solutions. You will be a Storage Guru within the team and be the go to person for a range of storage solutions including Cloud, Netapp, Cisco and Flexpod solutions. The Technical Support Engineer will be used to a fast paced environment which calls for shifting priorities depending on the enquiry. The Technical support Engineer will work to agreed SLA's and pride themselves on their customer service skills and solutions.
Key responsibilities for the Technical Support Engineer:
- Become an integral Storage Specialist and solution provider to the team and wider customers
- Provide support for storage implementations
- Provide configuration and support to Storage, virtualisation and wider infrastructure solutions
- Be available to assist and supply support for major incidents
- Be forward thinking, spotting additional business opportunities and share best practice
- NetApp support experience
- At least 2 years Flexpod and Cloud storage solutions experience
- At Least 2 years experience in a service or field support role providing 2nd line and 3rd line support
The Technical support role is based in Manchester and requires and individual with a collaborative, can-do will-do approach. Training will be supplied and individual learning is encouraged, this company holds a strong reputation for a high level of competence - this is your chance to join their team. This role rewards the right person with a salary of up to £40,000 plus benefits and is commutable from Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool, Chester and Stockport.
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis.