About the Job
A multi disciplined professional with an in depth understanding of database, performance and cloud infrastructure is required to provide a spectrum of support and deployment based activities while promoting a DevOps culture throughout the development, service and support teams.
The position will be responsible for enabling automation across delivery, development and operations and identifying areas of weakness and prevent future failings in deployment process. You will be expected to constantly refine and tune the deployment process to keep with needs of the delivery teams. This will involve owning the release of updates and push out configuration changes, and help the development teams to make efficient systems. Ultimately you will be required to design, build and run systems for application deployment, systems harmonisation and config management.
There are two openings for this position with salary ranging from £45,000 to £65,000. To be considered for the upper end of this bracket you will need the following technical background and experience:
- Experience building environments and build automation using languages and tools for Windows and .Net systems like Powershell DSC
- Experience with Code Maintenance Platforms and tools – Visual Studio, VSO and TFS
- Working on VM/Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and VMware
- Experience of working in a team ‘providing a service’ to other teams
- Working with resource management APIs for environment automation
- An in depth knowledge of Continuous delivery and integration and software configuration management, version control and release management.
- Any exposure to Microsoft Dynamics AX/365 operations is ideal
Alternatively if you have the following skills and experience do get in touch:
- Visual Studio
- Windows Server 2012 and above
- A good understanding of utilising and integration CI/CD, automation and version control tool sets such as VSTS
- Experience of being a technical point of contact for Build and Release pipelines across multiple products and environments
As mentioned the salary ranges from £45,000 to £65,000 dependent on experience and an attractive package is offered. My client is based in West Yorkshire, and provides onsite parking, it is ideal to travel by car but can be reached by public transport.
If you are interested to hear more about the role and the company please get in touch, my number is 0113 386 8550 or send the latest copy of your CV to email@example.com