About the Job
My Choice School, part of My Choice Children's Homes, is recruiting a qualified and experienced teacher to work at their school in Arundel, West Sussex. The role is to teach pupils at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
My Choice School, part of My Choice Children's Homes, is recruiting a qualified and experienced teacher to work in our school in Arundel, West Sussex. My Choice Schools cater for students ranging from Yr7 to Yr11 with very challenging behaviours and complex emotional needs.
Most students are Looked After Children and may have EHCPs. Students are unable to manage in conventional school settings and require resilient and committed staff teams. Applicants are required to have experience of working with challenging behaviours in an educational setting and a proven track record of a commitment to improving outcomes for young people.
Teachers will deliver a Key Stage 3 and 4 curriculum based on AQA units, ASDAN short courses and awards and English and maths at Functional Skills and GCSE level. Teachers will be required to teach a range of subjects and subject support and guidance is provided by teachers in other My Choice Schools. Applications are particularly welcome from teachers who can offer science or vocational subjects.
Duties & Responsibilities as Teacher
• Engage and motivate pupils, teaching in small classes and on a one to one basis.
• Safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
• Deliver KS3 and KS4 curriculum following AQA unit award scheme including assessing pupils’ work in line with AQA requirements and identifying and supporting work experience.
• Liaise with the Head Teacher in contributing to the development of a creative pupil centered curriculum.
• Complete Individual Education Plans, Education Reports and maintain accurate records evidencing planning and achievements.
• Ensure that the young person’s educational programme complies with the ethos of the company and curriculum specifications and follows the Personal Education Plan.
• Work within a budget and maintain financial records.
• Attend SEN and LAC reviews where appropriate and support the educational progress of young people.
• Follow My Choice Children’s Homes and My Choice School Policies, Procedures and Practices.
• Ensure effective liaison and communication is maintained with external agencies, the care team and the Headteacher.
• Liaise with the Head Teacher and care team, where appropriate, in supporting Independence Plans in accordance with OFSTED Standards.
• Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children within the home and pupils.
• Promote and develop a welcoming, child centred environment and uphold the highest standards of honesty, integrity and vigilance in encouraging the very best for the young people in our care.
• To ensure that DFE and OFSTED standards are maintained to the highest standards.
• Demonstrate good practice and work with care staff and teaching colleagues to enable practice development.
• Able to work under pressure, work both reactively and proactively and meet deadlines.
• Ensure that the young people when confronted with stressful situations or crisis are offered appropriate support.
• The ability to write professional reports.
• Ability to understand the needs of a young person and meet those needs in a planned way.
• Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
Salary & Hours
In the role of Teacher for My Choice Schools, you will work Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and the holiday entitlement will be as per school holidays. In addition to the above there is on offer a salary of £23,472.48pa, benefits scheme and company pension.
How to Apply
Please note that CV applications or calls from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultants for My Choice Children’s Homes and My Choice Schools. Your CV, if shortlisted, may be sent to the Hiring and by applying for this position you give your consent for this.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Teacher, Teaching, School, children, ASA, KS2, KS3, student, education, training,