About the Job
Our Software Engineer team is growing and we have a fantastic new opportunity, for an Software Engineer to join the team.
We operate in a faced paced and changeable environment, so you will naturally be aligned to our culture of disruption and innovation and relish the challenge of finding ways to make this work better. You will be joining a dedicated team that understand the vision and culture associated with 'doing it the UKCloud way'. At UKCloud we aim to delight our customers by delivering agile technology that is designed to significantly reduce time, cost and risk.
If working with a market leading organisation like UKCloud sounds exciting and you would like to find out more, then we would love to hear from you.
About this role
- Assisting with the technical design and development of UKCloud applications as part of Scrum and engineering teams
- Developing secure, performant and scalable applications/software services that enable UKCloud to achieve its business goals
- Actively engage with other project and technical teams to improve cross working/team knowledge
- Input into functional requirements, ensuring these are clearly stated and testable. Ensure non-functional requirements are addressed
- Write supporting documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
- Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level code and application support when needed, including leadership of technical investigations
Additional Salary Information:
Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover & Bonus.
- Competent in one or both of
- API and Service Development - be able to design and code services that are resilient, performant and scalable
- Understanding of SQL and No SQL database technologies. Be able design performant queries, appropriately normalised schemas and basic tuning against MySQL/MariaDB and/or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI/CD), including build scripts and version management tools
- Commercial experience working in agile teams and practices, e.g. Scrum and eXtreme Programming
- Knowledge of the principals of virtualisation with VMware or OpenStack, AWS/Azure
- In-depth knowledge of security coding practices (OWASP and similar)
- Demonstrable expertise in design and implementation of testing frameworks, for example Unit Testing, BDD/TDD, Performance Testing and Security Testing (Fuzz)
About Our Company:
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of over 160 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Look out for us on social media!
You'll find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.