LCJ Education are seeking an experienced KS2 SEN primary school Teacher for a new boys school in Newcastle.
This is a permanent position starting in January 2018.
Interviews will be held at the school in December.
The school`s philosophy as an education provider is to aim high and work hard to achieve the very best results. They believe that students can work and achieve well beyond expected levels based on prior attainment. They also believe that ability is not fixed but can be developed with the right attitudes to learning and approaches to work. As such, they wish to avoid a system of assessment that seeks to ‘label` a student and limit expectations.
The Class Teacher will:
· Implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
· Support initiatives decided by the Headteacher and staff;
· Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
· Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
· Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
· Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into planning;
· Work with school leaders to track the progress of individual children and intervene where pupils are not making progress;
· Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
· Promote the school’s code of conduct amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
· Participate in meetings which relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organisation;
· Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies;
· Make effective use of ICT to enhance learning and teaching
· Lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom;
· Participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers.
If you are a passionate SEN/SEMH Teacher who is able engage with small groups of students who present with a range of with social Emotional Mental Health needs (SEMH) then this is role is definitely for you!.
Outstanding SLT and a wonderful team of teachers/support staff who are passionate and highly dedicated to their craft.
Very small classes with excellent TA support.
It is very important that applicants understand that this role requires a formal qualification that is recognised in the UK.
Due to sheer volumes of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants that do not meet the qualification requirements - if you would like to discuss your qualifications before application please contact a member of the LCJ Education team.
Please note that if you have applied and we have not contacted you within 5 working days, it is fair to assume that due to a number of possible reasons your application will not be pursued further in this instance.