About the Job
Salary £30,000 to £35,000
NCP is a leading national car park service provider, their brand is the best known in the industry and their record for building, maintaining and managing car parks is unsurpassed. Founded in 1931, they are the UK's market leader in the provision of parking services, supplying over 200,000 spaces across more than 700 locations nationwide, frequently in partnership with some of the country's leading public and private sector organisations, including City Councils, local authorities and air and rail travel operators.
NCP now have an exciting opportunity for a Revenue Manager to join their existing team. The purpose of this position is to deliver increased revenue, principally in the area of pre-book in off street and airports car parks through the management of price, channel and promotions.
The position holder will mine data for information and interpret it to recommend, develop and implement new products and strategies to respond to competitor activity and to short and long-term market changes.
- Work closely with local Managers, the Commercial team and senior client team to quickly understand the key drivers and local market dynamics of the business.
- Take a leading role in developing and presenting pricing and yield strategies to stakeholders and client management teams
- Assess and develop existing yield management processes, systems and capabilities.
- Analyse data to understand, interpret and communicate the effectiveness of products, prices and sales channels.
- Forecast future demand and identify processes and procedures to optimise demand.
- Monitor competitive activity on price, product, promotion and channel and respond accordingly.
- Routinely work on the development of new products, promotions, prices and channels to market and work with local teams, central teams and clients to rapidly implement agreed changes.
- Managing the process with stakeholders to optimise revenues and volume on special events and periods of peak demand.
- Develop and set up reporting tools that allow the business and clients to easily understand the performance of pre-book and the success or otherwise of price, product, promotion and channel activity, communicating results to both technical and non-technical
- Work closely with 3rd party pre-book systems to continuously develop their functionality to improve yield management efficiency and effectiveness.
KEY KNOWLEDGE /EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience revenue managing perishable inventory such as event tickets, travel tickets or hotel rooms
- Numerate and analytical.
- Enjoys spreadsheet analysis, drawing conclusions from data, writing reports and making recommendations to the business
- Able to make decisions understanding financial implications and willing to take calculated risks
- Confident and assertive but able to communicate decisions diplomatically
- Enjoys strategising own actions, tracking results and responding accordingly
- Self-motivated, able to see opportunities for development and improvement and take these forward
- Passionate about problem-solving with a thirst to get to the bottom of things
- Rigorous and thorough with strong attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines, and deliver accurate results under pressure
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a numerate or business-related discipline
- Understanding of Revenue Management and Pricing principles and practices
- Good general experience and understanding of the mechanics of commercial organisations
- Work as part of a team to contribute to its overall success
- High skill level in all Microsoft applications especially Excel and preferably experience in working with databases and SQL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Appetite for success and the personal ambition to grow and move up.
- Perfectionist with strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented with the personal drive to succeed.
- Pragmatist who is able to utilise existing resources to good effect.
- Effective team player who is able to work successfully with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.