About the Job
Python Software Engineer - back-end, open source, security (west Reading)
Weighty opportunity for a hard core Programmer (Python, GO, clusterable databases, open source, proxies, database optimisation, Docker, git/stackoverflow/slack) to join a strongly growing, well funded tech company established in 2008.
The role will appeal to an experienced back-end Software Engineer absolutely at the top of their game, with a deep and broad knowledge of multiple programming languages and who is excited by the chance to make their mark alongside a small team of incredibly smart ‘techie’ developers.
Specifically you will have much of the following:
· Excellence in modern Python “with a Pythonic approach”
· The ability to analyse new open source libraries and refactor code to suit
· A strong knowledge of network protocols, in particular creating lightweight proxies for credential injection and session recording
· Knowledge of when to use an existing library (they use 280 open source libraries) and when to code one from scratch
· A strong sense of security, encryption, and what makes code resilient against attack
· A good understanding of a WireShark trace
· Belief in unit testing - nose, py.test, unittest2
· Good database optimisation skills
· The ability to switch programming languages at ease
· Working knowledge of esoteric programming languages
· Knowledge of the architecture of Linux, Windows, MacOSX and network devices