About the Job
Optimus Search is recruiting for a Clinical Outsourcing Manager to work with external non-preferred outsourcing vendors.
The Clinical Outsourcing Manager will lead the Clinical Development Client Groups through the end-to-end process of clinical outsourcing and contracting process. The provision of expert outsourcing advice and guidance to Client Groups to ensure awareness aware of their role in the overall contracting process, including due diligence and oversight requirements.
- Lead the contracting process and work with Clinical Development Client Groups to deliver contract agreements that are robust and timely through:
- upfront assessment of risk
- development of detailed specifications
- selection of suitable suppliers
- leading the analysis and comparison of proposals - for both service (activity) and cost provision
- negotiating costs and content
- executing contracts and contract amendments
- Ensuring that contracts maximise value whilst minimising risk across a broad scope of clinical / therapeutic outsourcing services as well as regional, regulatory and legal requirements
- Deliver solutions for simplifying work practices to increase productivity and reduce waste
- Deputise, in absence, for Line Manager
Basic Qualifications And Competencies
- Proven experience within the Pharmaceutical or Contract Research Industries coupled with detailed knowledge and understanding of the clinical development processes and/or
- Clinical research experience (Phase I - IV)
- Demonstrable experience and participation in the clinical outsourcing process
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, across many disciplines both internally and externally
- Excellent and demonstrable negotiation, influencing, analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills within the pharmaceutical or CRO industry
- Excellent time-management skills and a proven ability and history of multi-tasking
- Demonstrable ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
Bsc in a Healthcare/Life Science discipline
This role requires a candidate with strong vendor management experience and an in-depth understanding of the Clinical Outsourcing process. The Clinical Outsourcing Manager will also need to be able to negotiate both financial and legal wording.