Job Title: Production/ Manufacturing Manager
Location: North Yorkshire- Commutable from Teeside, York, Hull, Scarborough, Harrogate, Malton, Scarborough
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
This is an opportunity to work within a leading and established manufacturer based in the North Yorkshire area. This organisation has a global presence and is looking for the successful candidate to achieve improvements in Manufacturing productivity and Quality by using positive communication and leadership skills to bring them on a lean Journey.
The Production Manager is responsible for delivering of the internal manufacturing service. In fulfilling this role he/she undertakes or complies with the following:
- Management of Production Engineering and Planning.
- Management of Internal Manufacturing incorporating Machine Shop, Welding and Mechanical & Electrical Assembly
- Line Management & Employee Development which encompasses: Staff performance appraisals, management of apprentice training programmes, pay reviews, performance management, Absences, disciplinary actions and grievances
- Commercially Aware and delivery focused
- Review documents (bids, design briefs etc.) and attend meetings (bid gate reviews, project kick-offs, design reviews etc.) to observe, contribute and provide feedback.
- Provide expert advice on Design for Manufacture.
- Develop relationships with group customers to understand their requirements and increase manufacturing sales.
- Close liaison with the Manufacturing Manager (External) to ensure maximum utilisation of internal manufacturing capacity
- Promote efficient interfaces between Production Engineering, Production Planning and all internal manufacturing.
- Review manufacturing quotations and supporting tenders produced by the Production Engineering Team including; best method of manufacture, routings and their timely delivery
- Ensure manufacturing issues are resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for providing an effective and efficient production service
- Ensure the Mechanical & Electrical Assembly Teams are able to support internal testing and on-site testing / installation activities where required
- Be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the manufacturing equipment
- Deliver internal training (e.g. tool-box-talks and on the job training)
- Develop a supportive, encouraging and learning environment.
- Assist in delivering company communications
- Management of Environmental, Health & Safety issues in all production areas
- Management of waste arising from production activities
- Point of work risk assessments and method statement
- Responsible for ensuring good engagement between internal design and in-house manufacture at all stages of the bid/project lifecycle.
- Promote close working relationships with other functions and group businesses
- Introduction and implementation of continuous improvement activities and methods, providing leadership in manufacturing.
- Planning for future capability development and capacity growth
- Extensive knowledge and experience in precision machining
- Has previously been accountable for management of an engineering factory or similar operation in a highly regulated industry
- Experience of leading continual improvement and change methodologies
- Good knowledge of quality management systems, particularly ISO9001
- Good knowledge of EH&S processes including ISO 14001 and 18001
- Excellent organisational, time management and decision making skills.
- Excellent people skills, especially in supporting and motivating staff and in developing the abilities of others
- HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.